THE DISC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Myrmidon PVP Roam fit

4 posters

Go down

Myrmidon PVP Roam fit Empty Myrmidon PVP Roam fit

Post by Der Loki Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Can someone tell me a reasonable Fit for the Myrm? Oh and Please try to stay cheap (I'm using T2 1600mm Plates instead of Rolled Tungsten if i can, and stuff). My skills focus on drones, but i'm able to use T2 Small Blasters, Medium will take a while i guess, since they dont have a high priority on my list.
Here you can watch my skills: http://eveboard.com/pilot/der_loki Passwword is burnthemdown
Der Loki
Der Loki

Back to top Go down

Myrmidon PVP Roam fit Empty Re: Myrmidon PVP Roam fit

Post by Somefool2123 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:26 pm

I have been told that this is a good fit:
http://thedisc.org/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=613

You really don't want to plate myrms, I'd imagine, since they're already slow to align, add MWD and plate or two and the carrier behind you is already warping before you.
Somefool2123
Somefool2123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Somefool2123 Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm

But honestly, I've move away from myrms for for this reason: Drones as PvP damage is sorta meh (so I've been told). The Brutix has two benefits over the myrm: 1) Extra gun slot. 2) Gun Bonus.

There are the lazortits fits for Brutixes, if you'd like to look at those.
Somefool2123
Somefool2123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lirael Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:20 am

I dual repped my myrmlidon like Kentonio did. Worked out, just died to a BS blob.

But it's annoying to active tank and like Fool says, the gun bonus on the Brutix and the pretty much certainty that you will lose drones to the gate guns makes it a little better. The Brutix armour tanked aligns like a brick though so you might wanna try shield tanking it if you can.
Lirael
Lirael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Loki Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 am

Hmm... I guess i will stay with my Vexor a bit longer (especially since i have 3 of em). But once they're popped i'll try that close range Brutix fit (tho i can't use T2 Medium Blasters)
Der Loki
Der Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Somefool2123 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:50 am

T2 doesn't always mean better Loki.... with meta 2-3 T1 guns (which should be cheaper than T2), you will find it easier to fit given your skills and your T2 plate overhead. Wink

In all honesty, your gunnery support skills: Surgical Strike, Motion Prediction, Rapid Firing, Sharpshooter, Gunnery and Trajectory Analysis (for blasters) will help out more than the meta of your guns. Smile

Also, the only other thing that T2 gives you is T2 ammo and for blasters, as Cam mentioned earlier, the penalities that T2 blaster ammo (projectiles are a little less harsh) hands to you is way out of line of its benefits, so unless you're bashing a stationary target, faction ammo is really all you need to carry with you.

Somefool2123
Somefool2123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Der Loki Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:53 pm

Tech 2 Weapons have another Skill which give a Damage boost, so i thought I'd like to fit T2 Weapons
Der Loki
Der Loki

Back to top Go down

Post by Camdelma Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Somefool2123 wrote:stuff

T2 guns are better in every way except fitting. Also, t2 long range ammo, Null, Barrage and Scorch, are perfectly functional. Null isn't quite as good as its counterparts, but hitting 10x the range of blasters with antimatter is very nice. The only ship I can stand to fly without t2 weapons is the nemesis, and that's only because it really just can't fit realistically t2 launchers and 2 missile rigs.

Camdelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Somefool2123 Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Der Loki wrote:Tech 2 Weapons have another Skill which give a Damage boost, so i thought I'd like to fit T2 Weapons
You are correct. The [insert gun here] Specialization skill does offer a damage modifier, but I listed six other skills which may or may not be necessary to actually mount t2 guns. I don't have evemon on this station, so I can't look.

But those supporting skills, combined, provide a better source of increased damage than the skills alone absolutly necessary to just fit the guns; either through directly modifying the damage modifer or by increasing tracking (thus allowing the gun to center better) or by increasing your optimal which grants you greater accuracy over a longer range.

Also, in case you take my advice, some of those skills may cross over to lasers, or auto cannons, etc... but some are specifically for hybrids.

Protip: Use EFT, mount a gun (or really any mod), right click on it and you will see all the skills which directly bonus that mod. Right-click anywhere else in the loadout in EFT and you will see the skills which bonus the hull, which may in turn bonus the mod(s). I have used this to help get my supporting skills up to snuff.
Somefool2123
Somefool2123
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum